earthspun® apparel – Saving the world one shirt at a time.
earthspun® apparel is innovation
At earthspun® apparel our fabrics are made with superior quality, American ring spun yarns and a unique blend of recycled polyester (RPET) and recycled cotton.
The result? Unbelievably soft, durable, earth friendly tee-shirts.
By eliminating chemical dyes and the dyeing process, we save the water and energy normally used to make tee-shirts.
At earthspun® apparel, this is just another way we are doing our part to create a better planet.
Discover the earthspun® apparel difference
- Cool and Comfortable
- Quick Drying
- No Chemical Dyes – our colors come from the bottles themselves, no extra chemical dyes or finishes.
- Less Waste – Our fabric is made from plastic bottles and cotton waste destined for the landfill.
- Less Water – Eliminating dyeing, finishing and the need to grow cotton saves water.
- Less Energy – Skipping processes such as oil extraction and refining as well as dyeing saves energy.
PET Recycling Facts
- 1 shirt is made from .5 pound of fiber or about 6 bottles.
- 1 ton of recycled plastic saves 3.8 barrels of oil.
- 1 million recycled plastic bottles eliminate 180 metric tons of CO2.
- 10% of all US oil, 2 million barrels, is used to make plastics.
- 500 tee-shirts made from earthspun® yarns save about 1 barrel of oil.
- Americans throw 2 million plastic bottles in the trash every 10 minutes.
- Local Textile Veteran Jack Miller Finds New Niche in a Green World (mantrameds.wordpress.com)
- Say NO! to Plastic Bottled Water ” O.C. Mom in Manila (estherlou.wordpress.com)
- The World’s Cheapest Lightbulb Is Made Of Just A Plastic Bottle (fastcompany.com)
- Frii bike concept made from injection-molded recycled plastic (gizmag.com)
- Eco Friendly Tips (forcedgreen.com)
- Nestlé Waters North America Provides Consumer Information on Plastic Water Bottles (prweb.com)
- In Search of the Mythical Creature That Wears Organic Cotton And Recycled Plastic Bottles! (mantrameds.wordpress.com)
- Eco-Friendly and Money Saving Tip #3: Reuse Plastic Bottles (mrsscott.wordpress.com)
- IVY League Vintage Lacrosse T-Shirt (lacrosseplayground.com)
- What I Really Think About my Filtering Water Bottle (geo300summer2011.wordpress.com)